5 reasons to choose wood flooring in 2023
Client: For home & Business
Type of Work: Interior design
Using our wood flooring expertise to help you make great design decisions in 2023.
Trends in home design are ever changing and each year brings an influx of hot new interior crazes to update and upgrade your home environment. Although the colours and patterns may differ over the years, one thing is for certain is that wood in its many forms is always favoured. So you can rest assured that when you choose a wood floor, it’s going to stay current for many years to come and will always fit with whatever other interior design choices you make.
1. Timeless design that won’t go out of fashion. The natural beauty of wood, in all its shades, has always been chosen by people wanting a classic and elegant look for their flooring. Wooden flooring provides a neutral backdrop for soft furnishings, fabrics and paint colours to shine. Because of the wide variety in colour, grain and style of laying it’s a choice that designers and homeowners return to time after time.
2. Really easy to maintain, hardwearing and long lasting. Spills, slops, dust and dirt can all be wiped away really easily and quickly. It’s much less likely to be damaged than carpet and has no grout lines to look dirty. The short-term maintenance is a minimal mopping with a specialist wood floor cleaner. For longer term maintenance there are options for sanding and re-varnishing to give a fully refurbished look. This gives you a lifetime of use from your wood floor. Have a look at the before and after photos of this client refurbishment project here.
3. All these factors make it more cost effective over time. Initial outlay may be costlier than some carpets but it is likely that you won’t need to replace it in 3,4,5 years time. So over time, wooden flooring really is the best investment. Get in touch with us for a no obligation quote for your space today.
4. Warmer underfoot than man made laminates or tile. Being a natural, organic material means it gives a softer, more authentic look and feel than a laminate or a tile and from a practical point of view wood holds its warmth longer than laminates. In 2023 and beyond Biophillic design is going to become more and more popular. This is the use of natural materials and colours in our interior spaces to connect us to nature and the natural environment. Have a look at this home office pod – an outside/inside space really connected to nature.
5. Choosing wooden flooring can be more Eco friendly; going for reclaimed options is a more sustainable choice. There are plenty of options when it comes to reclaimed wooden flooring and because of the variety in choice of sanding and sealing, you aren’t tied to a certain look or style. This means you can install a premium flooring while knowing that you have prolonged the life of that wood floor and done your part to reduce, reuse and recycle. Check out this client project using reclaimed sports hall flooring here.
CMUK offer a wide range of quality wood floor options including timber, reclaimed timber, woodblock and engineered timber. Get in touch with us today to find out how we can make your wood floor dreams come true!